Thursday, January 19, 2012

TO BE OR NOT TO BE.

When I meet people for the first time such as new workmates, friends of friends etc, I believe I do not give a good impression at all. I am usually in a dilemma of 'should I be extra nice', 'be myself' or weigh them in' Most of the time I end up with 'weigh them in' to gather the kind of people they are. This allows me a chance to know their character. After I know their character I put them in a specific category in my head and then deal with them like that from then on. The categories include, brilliant, very nice, very kind, generous, confident, funny, impatient, not too smart, judgemental, arrogant and so on. I then from there deal with them according to their category. I think it is serves me well. Eventually I start to see peoples attitude towards me changing according to who they are and how they view me. This has always been consistent. I am who I am I do not change my character to suit a situation. I do believe it works for many people but not for me. I hate pretending to be what I am not. Isn't that cheating?

There are times I switch to 'Exta nice' automatically. This is when the person I am meeting is at a disadvantaged situation such as sickness, is being being treated unfairly or is need of something I can offer.

And so I ask do you think it is nice to change your character according to the situation you are in, is it a smart move to do so?why

No comments:

Post a Comment